Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox and Myspace

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neonick

neonick

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

I downloaded an application called YoVille for myspace and it doesn't work with AdBlock Plus running. Anyone encounter this and know a fix besides disabling the add-on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

Two sources which might help you:

1 - Have you tried asking support@yoville.com

If you are having any problems with YoVille, please contact us via email at support@yoville.com. In the email, please provide us with as much information about the problem you are having as possible. It's the details that help us figure out what is causing the problem....

http://www.myspace.com/yoville

2- Asking/searching the forum for AdBlockPlus and how to resolve the yoville problem: http://adblockplus.org/forum/

#3 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

You can choose to disable adblock plus on just the current page. Just click the arrow to the right of the stop sign (Adblock plus sign) in the top right of Firefox and on the drop down menu choose "Disable on this page only"

#4 neonick

neonick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

I tried asking them but I'm thinking their flooded with complaints just based on their myspace page. People leaving them comments about things needed to be fixed. I never heard back from them and that was like a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the suggestions. It's much easier to disable for the page only rather than going in through the add ons and disabling there. That worked. Thanks.

#5 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Happy to help. I'm a user of FF and Adblock Plus too :thumbsup:

#6 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

neonick - yeah, if they're flooded it could be awhile; good that xblindx's suggestion worked for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users