Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VirusResponse Lab 2009

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fviruses13

fviruses13

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:58 PM

So, everything that I've read online suggests that I download different antiviral applications. One problem, I can't even get online nor can I get into the control panel to delete this SOB. Any advise? :thumbsup:

Edited by fviruses13, 04 December 2008 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

If you use a router, disconnect from the internet, reset the router, and give it a strong password.
If you have a thumbdrive or a CD burner available you can download Malwarebytes to that and run it on the infected machine
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 fviruses13

fviruses13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

So I do have a wireless router, however, it's a company router. Will I still have the ability to give it a password? As for having a CD burner or thumb drive, will that require me to download it from another computer and then insert either the CD or thumb drive into my computer? I do have a laptop, however, it to is a company lap top, so I don't know if I'll be able to download anything onto it. One more thing, this VirusResponse Lab 2009 has my computer running REALLY slow, almost to the point that I can't open any applications when my computer reboots.

#4 fviruses13

fviruses13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

Mark? Thank you for the suggestion about Malwarebyte.

So, I was able to get rid of VirusResponse Lab 2009 (i think?). It's not popping up and I don't see it in the add/remove files. Therefore, I'm assuming it's gone. Now my problem is that my computer is running VERY slow, to the point that I can't open up any applicaitons nor can I get online. Any suggestions?

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

Could you post the scan log so we can see whay was found please.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 fviruses13

fviruses13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:14 PM

I'm looking under the tab "Logs" in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and there is nothing there? Does this mean that I still have the virus? Do I need to open my registery and start deleting files that way?

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Reboot your computer
Update Mbam and run a full scan and post the log
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 TSalarek

TSalarek

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

sorry gar ;)

Remove VirusResponse Lab 2009 - BC Forum

Hello Zlob....updated MBAM, AVG 8.0, and AdAware 2008 all have integrated Zlob/Zotob removal tools, but Zlob is one of those really nasty bugs that bites more than just software.

Zlob is part of the WIN32 Trojan Downloader family of malware, and it is currently the Anti-Malware world's Public Enemy #1

Zlob Trojan @ Wikipedia

Zlob Trojan @ Symantec

Alias Zotob Worm @ Symantec

Zlob Trojans overview @ Lavasoft

Evolution of Zlob article @ TrendMicro

Zlob @ Sophos

Alias Zotob @ Wikipedia

Excerpt:

Zlob seems to be the bug driving this trend, and as Trojans go, it's fairly well-rounded. Zlob functions as both keylogger and backdoor, and can relay sensitive data while simultaneously providing full system access to its botnet masters. SecureComputing notes that these sort of spyware families are responsible for much of the recent botnet growth, especially when combined with the increasing prevalence of rootkits as part of a malware package.

ARS Technica (Aug 2008) Quarterly Malware Review

And something to chuckle over:

Zotob Authors Jailed (2006) @ PCWorld

Is Zlob Getting Honest? @ Symantec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users