Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sound is gone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dwoodbury

dwoodbury

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

new hp laptop w/vista
had sound, now I don't . I don't know what else to do to turn it on. Checked everything the bleeping help said to try. All volumns are up, can't find anything on mute. WTheck?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

I'm having the same problem. I can go into the sound configuration thing and test out each of my speakers, and they produce sound just fine. I plug my speakers into my ipod and everything works correctly. However, i still have no sound from videos, music, or internet/messaging systems. I think dwoodbury and i are having the same problems.

The only changes i've made recently involve transfering a TON of data from an IDE drive to my new SATA computer. No software installation occurred in between the two situations (sound then no sound).

EDIT: Nevermind. I don't know how, but the audio driver must have become corrupted or something. After a couple of uninstall/reinstall cycles, i finally got the sound to work.

dwoodbury, try this site http://www.free-codecs.com/Realtek_HD_Audi...cs_download.htm

That's where i got the codec that finally worked.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 04 December 2008 - 09:56 PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:30 AM

I had installed a webcam, Microsoft Live Meeting, and a new game recently. When I went to play the game I had no sound. So I checked my sound settings (in Control Panel) and found that I had an extra audio device in the Playback tab. I could play sounds from there (the test), but couldn't play them from the Sounds tab.

Reinstalling the audio drivers (the latest version directly from RealTek in my case) removed the extra device and restored my sound.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users