Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook '03 and New Contact List Management

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:38 PM

Here's the scoop:

Boss has a BlackBerry I'm charged with setting up. She wants to send e-mail to people on the Exchange server's GAL, but can't, since BB doesn't support uploading GALs because of their potential size. So, why not make the GAL into a bunch of contacts that the BB will recognize, right? Smashing idea! :thumbsup: Except my boss has already filled out the entire list of contacts with people not on the GAL, and needs to keep those people separate from the GAL. :cool:

In Access, I create a new contacts style list (File > New Folder > [contains contact items option selected] > Name "Staff GAL") for my boss, and it sticks. Good job, yay, me. :flowers:

Here's my trouble: I can open the address book, and see the GAL. I now want to add those into my new "Staff GAL" contact list. The option I have in that little address book window (Tools > Address Book) only has the option for "Add to Contacts." Can't do that for my boss, because her default contacts list is full of people who shouldn't be merged with the the GAL people.

How do I take address book entires and add them all to a contact list in one fell swoop? Even if I have to add them one-by-one, I still need to "Add to Staff GAL" and not "Add to Contacts." :trumpet:

What's the procedure? :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

Also, it can not be created in a distribution list. Tried that, and BB doesn't support DL's, either. I have to port the individual addresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users