Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

data recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 godzillla

godzillla

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

Hi. I am a brand new member to bleeping computer. I need some serious help. I had a fantom external hard drive that all the sudden stopped working. I was sorting out a folder with about 20 gb of music. I backed out of the folder and went to go back in the folder but, it would not open. When I hovered the mouse of the folder it said "Empty Folder" I was shocked cause I did not delete the music. It finally opened and all the music was gone. The music files were not in the recycle bin, it's like they just vanished. I turned off the hard drive to check it again and this time the hard drive just gave out. I opened the hard dive and made it a slave to the PC. This worked. However, the folder was still empty. Does anyone know how to recover my music files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dopplegangerguy

dopplegangerguy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

Go to download.com or somewhere and search "data recovery", there are bunches of freeware or trialware apps available...PC Inspector seems to do a pretty good job for me...but most of them should do the trick...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users