Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

audio video

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 koolkev

koolkev

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

Hey guys, need some help on drivers for digital cameras. A friend gave me a Mustek MDC5500Z, without the disk that would allow me to download the drivers needed to use the camera. The drop down box under scanners and cameras does not have this camera listed. I went to there site and they do not have drivers there to download, although the tech said i could google and find driver sites. i did this and was able to download a driver pack for the camera, but near completion of the download windows pops up an error message that says: error, c\windows\system32\mk setting.ex. Can anyone please help me get a driver that will work thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

Try this: http://www2.mustek.com/download/driv_ibd/e...h/mdc5500z.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

Hey usasma, thanks for the info, I went to the site but it said site not found. If you have anything else i could do i would appreciate it. I am trying to get the pictures of a some awesome wheels and rims that i am selling on craigs list dowloaded to my PC........Thanks

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

The link still works for me. Try this link (it's a direct download): http://mustekmu.brinkster.net/Download/dri...0Z/MDC5500Z.zip

Otherwise, go to the Mustek website ( http://www.mustek.com/ ) and go to the Support link, then drill your way down to the download.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

Man i am about ready to pull my hair out tried to access that direct site and it says site no longer exist. Then I tried to go to Musek web site they have drivers there , just not the driver i need for my camera. Is there a way of dowloading some kind of generic driver just to allow me to get these pictures uploaded? Or I wonder if i could use of the other drivers that were used on a later model camera?Looking for anyway to fix this....Thanks :blink :thumbsup: :flowers:

#6 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

Ok I was able to find a download but when I run it i get an error message that states: could not execute the external program
C\windows\system32\mk settings exe. Does anyone know how to fix this??

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

From what I see, a driver is only required when attempting to use the camera as a webcam.

IME...a digital camera only needs to be connected to a system via a USB connection...in order to download pics from the camera to the system. No software is required.

You can manually have XP recognize the camera (for picture downloads) by going to Control Panel/Printers & Other/Scanners and Cameras and (with camera attached and on) selecting the first option on the left, Add An Imaging Device.

Louis

Re the file you listed: I find no listing of such. Where did you get this download? Is it the correct download for what you want?

Edited by hamluis, 05 December 2008 - 10:47 AM.

#8 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info. I went to add scanner section and it said add a device , yet it still does not list my camera in the drop down box. When i attached the camera, it did show up in the bottom left hand of the computer where you normally see what programs are running, but I still am not able to get the camera to display any pictures.

#9 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

Now I have a message saying " There are no high speed USB host controllers installed on this computer. Can someone tell me where I can download these controllers. Maybe that was the problem all along.....I just looked at my drivers and apparently they have not been updated in a while, they all have a driver date of 07-01-2001. Is there an easy way to update these drivers and maybe that will sole the camera problems....thanks

Edited by koolkev, 05 December 2008 - 02:50 PM.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

How to update a Windows hardware driver - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-update-a-windows-hardware-driver/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users