Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chase2

Chase2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

I'm using combofix on a laptop thats infected with a rootkit, it said that it needs to reboot to remove the rootkit but the computer has stopped on "the computer is restarting". Should I shut it down manually? Combofix said not to but I don't think its going to do it on its own...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

Hi,

Please DON'T USE COMBOFIX. ComboFix is a powerful tool, and should only be used if a Malware Expert has told you to do.
So please remove ComboFix from your computer. Say when ready. :thumbsup:

#3 Chase2

Chase2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

I already got it fixed, thanks. whats wrong with using combofix without permission?

#4 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

ComboFix is very powerful. If you don't know how to deal with ComboFix, it can go wrong.
It's not the first time somebody's pc crashed when he used ComboFix without supervision of an experienced malware expert.
That's why I gave you a warning.

If you have an infection, come to us, and we'll help you. But don't use the tools yourself. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users