Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

setting wallpaper problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scouse6

scouse6

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

Win Xp
Sp3
Nod32
Zone Alarm
Super anti spyware

Normally I go to my docs/my folders/my pics/and my wallpaper fold. I right click the wallpaper I would like, right click and select
"Set as desktop background".This would then be set within seconds. easy peasy

Now I have to right click desktop/click properties/select desktop tab, browse to my folders/ my pics.
It will then change the wallpaper.Is their any way to get get it back to the way it was..???? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

Don't know about fixing XP. Sounds like you might have lost a registry setting. But if you use Irfanview as your graphics viewer under Options is Set as Wallpaper with Centered, Stretched, Tiled options.

Edited by MilesAhead, 04 December 2008 - 02:40 PM.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

#3 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

you can right click on the wallpaper that you want and choose preview ( if it is set to view with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, but usually it is.)

When it will opens with your desired wallpaper, right click in the middle of the wallpaper and choose 'Set as Desktop Background'

Then you should have your wallpaper done. It is easy but not as the one you said but it should help you.
I do not know how to fix it on XP if its a registry failure.

Edited by Deadly Elegance, 04 December 2008 - 02:59 PM.

#4 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:55 PM

Don't know about fixing XP. Sounds like you might have lost a registry setting. But if you use Irfanview as your graphics viewer under Options is Set as Wallpaper with Centered, Stretched, Tiled options.

Thank you MilesAhead, downloaded Irfanview. That works

Edited by scouse6, 05 December 2008 - 01:02 PM.

#5 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:57 PM

you can right click on the wallpaper that you want and choose preview ( if it is set to view with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, but usually it is.)

When it will opens with your desired wallpaper, right click in the middle of the wallpaper and choose 'Set as Desktop Background'

Then you should have your wallpaper done. It is easy but not as the one you said but it should help you.
I do not know how to fix it on XP if its a registry failure.

Thank you Deadly Elegance, tried that but no joy. How strange never had this problem before. If it is a registry problem, there is probably a fix somewhere..???

Edited by scouse6, 05 December 2008 - 01:04 PM.

#6 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

Thanks guys, sorted. Should have tried this first. Ran Superantisptware,which found a Trojan and deleted it.Now everything works fine.
many thanks.

#7 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

Might want to post in the hijack this form, you could still have further infections.

#8 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:27 AM

Thanks scissorhands7,

I will do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users