Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Specify Window Space?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tekky Guy

Tekky Guy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

Is there a way to specify certain windows not to occupy a certain area of the screen? For example, when you maximize a window, the bottom edge does not exceed the taskbar at the bottom. Also I have a program at work that does the same thing so I guess its built into some programs. However, I recently got an app called RocketDock (its amazing). Its basically a better taskbar and you can set it for always on top but you cant stop full screen windows from going behind it. Are there apps out there that restrict a space certain program windows can take up and allow the space for others? I searched Google but a program like that is not easy to find. Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Also I have attached a screen shot the Rocketdock app (looks really cool) and I maximized Wordpad and as you can see, it hides behind Rocketdock. I have two monitors so you can see what it looks like on both.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yahuah Is Elohim

Yahuah Is Elohim

• Banned
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

this may be what your looking for

http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mous...oral/index.html

#3 Tekky Guy

Tekky Guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

this may be what your looking for

http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mous...oral/index.html

Thanks for the link! The program works, but It has some bugs. Like in order to get multimonitor support, you have to run the program twice. Also sometimes when certain program windows appear, it grabs the second dock from the second monitor and places it under the first dock. Do you know of any other programs like DesktopCoral?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users