Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing a trojan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tamekian

tamekian

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

I was hoping that someone could help me with the problem I am having with this trojan virus. Everytime I run any virus scanner, ad-aware or anything, it reboots half way through the scan. From reading previous posts, I guess its safe to say that i need to download hijackthis. I will do that and post the log. If anyone can offer any other advice, please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:08 PM

Have you tried running your scans in Safe Mode?
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tamekian

tamekian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for responding. Yes I have and it still isn't working. I have absolutely no way around this. I can't run a scan or install a new one. Half way through either process and my computer reboots itself. I am at a lost for what to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:34 PM

Hello tamekian and welcome to BC

Have a look at our tutorial titled Using Ad-Aware SE to remove Spyware & Hijackers from Your Computer. Specifically, set Ad-Aware up as described in Step 4: Set the scan options we want to use. Try running it again in Safe Mode. You might have more luck that way.

If it fails again follow this instruction in the tutorial. "If you want to copy the contents of the scan log, you can click on the Show Logfile button, designated by the blue box in the figure above, to open the log file and copy and paste it into another program" Paste that logfile into this thread and we'll have a look at it for you.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users