Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't download attachments...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:32 AM

I use Windows Vista Home Premium. For some reason I'm unable to download attachments on my emails. I click on the item such as "wmv"(movie attachment") or pps(powerpoint) and the screen comes up showing it's scanning for viruses. Then the "download" box comes up, I hit it, it shows it downloading but then it goes to a blank screen and says it's done. Sometimes it goes to an "error in connecting" or you are unable to connect to this website(something like that). I've always been able to open attachments. I don't know if something has changed due to a new update along the line or what.
I use Yahoo and Firefox. My mail is Yahoo. Thanks.
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

Hi socom 004,

Although the download box is blank, have you checked to see if the downloads have actually downloaded anyway? I wondered, because I've had this problem myself lately. If your downloads are set to go to a specific folder, check that folder. You could also reset your browser so that it asks you where to put the downloads. That will let you know if the download procedure has at least gotten that far.

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users