Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo logs showing 0 protections in and out

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 l8start

l8start

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

Hi, I installed comodo firewall, antivir, spywareblaster and spybot about 2 weeks ago to replace CA security suite.
So far no logs are building up in the comodo firewall. Its in safe mode, which came that way and is supposed to work that way.
Does this mean things are "coming and going" in and out of my computer without my knowledge? I have not gotten any warnings, alerts, nothing at all, but supposedly everythings "safe"?? Its almost too quiet. Any comments/suggestions? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JamesFrance

JamesFrance

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:46 AM

If you installed the latest firewall without Defense+ you will see very few pop-ups. Only applications not known to be safe by Comodo will be alerted if they try to access the internet.

If you look in Advanced Tasks, Network Security Policy, you can see the rules which have been created and are applied by the firewall.

You will only see entries in the log if one of these rules is fired and an inbound or outbound connection attempt is denied.
James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users