Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BOOTMGR.EXE is missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Krazy K

Krazy K

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

I am having disp driver issues and to see if it was the OS, I installed on a Raptor I had laying around. So anyway, I formatted the Raptor with the install dvd and then installed vista. When it rebooted it when back to my array and told me that bootmgr.exe not found C-A-D to restart.

How did changing one drive effect another, my super-safe raid 5? Anyway I ran the recovery option from the dvd and then read through the details.

Root cause found:

boot critical file c:\windows...\crcdisk.sys is corrupt
repair action: file repair
result: failed error code = 0x2

repair action: system restore
result: completed successfully. error code 0x0

root cause found

system volume on disk is corrupt

repair action: file system repair
result: completed successfully. error code 0x0.

There's a lot more but that what stands out. Now when I hit the close, finish and it reboots. The screen goes black and hangs with a underscore flashing in the top left. I do a hard-off and it tried to boot back into vista but I get the crcdisk.sys is missing and the cycle continues.

Why if it repairs everything do I still get these errors? Is there a way to replace the bootmgr.exe without running the recovery, can it be copied from another partition/install over to my boot drive?

I see quite a bit of these bootmgr problems, why did microsoft make this file so vulnerable to corruption?

Edited by Krazy K, 03 December 2008 - 10:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

maybe there's raid drivers you need to load?

can you boot to safe mode?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:22 AM

Files are corrupt
System volume is corrupt
File system was repaired.

Normally, when we get these sort of errors we suspect either the file system or the hard drive. Run Startup Repair again and see if it still reports errors. If it does, then we'd think that the drive may have problems.

Since this is a RAID array rather than a single disk system, things will be a bit different.
You'll have to check the hardware status of each drive individually, then check your RAID controller for errors.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Krazy K

Krazy K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

maybe there's raid drivers you need to load?

can you boot to safe mode?

Negative, no safe mode or last known good. The array was working so I don't think there are any missing drivers.

Files are corrupt
System volume is corrupt
File system was repaired.

Normally, when we get these sort of errors we suspect either the file system or the hard drive. Run Startup Repair again and see if it still reports errors. If it does, then we'd think that the drive may have problems.

Since this is a RAID array rather than a single disk system, things will be a bit different.
You'll have to check the hardware status of each drive individually, then check your RAID controller for errors.

The hardware should do that itself, isn't that what RAID5 is good for? The start-up repair ran 3 times and each time it was the same report.

I have noticed that I am not getting any SMART data in windows when I have the sata raid enabled in bios. But that's between me and my favorite person, robert tinsley, of asus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users