Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 Prof remove domain or bypass logon help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rockhead21784

rockhead21784

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:00 PM

Hello,

I received a computer from a friend and it was connected to his work domain. I have his username and password. It has windows 2000 professional. I want to delete the domain and/or do an automatic logon. I have gone into the registry.exe and tried to do a forcelogon and such as I have read on the internet. It worked once but that was it.

What I would like to do is remove his work domain? Or if not possible find an easier way to do an automatic logon and bypass his domain logon. I can't disable the security feature where you have to do ctrl alt del to logon.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:56 AM

What you have to do is login, and right click on the my computer icon and select properties. after that click the computer name tab and change the computer to a workgroup. The only problem you will have is that you need ADMINISTRATOR right to get it off the domain. Unless his username and password that he gave you is an administrator, then you should be fine. This will take it off the domain and leave you with a standard login. Just make sure that before you restart it from the change of domain to workgroup, CHANGE THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD! (control panel>Users). Create a new user or change the user that is already there. IF you cant get the administrator password, then the only thing you can do it reformat it.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 rockhead21784

rockhead21784
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

Great thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users