Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal Fan- Dell XPS M1210

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Katzie105

Katzie105

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

A couple months ago I had an issue with my laptop overheating to the point it would lag ridiculously after 5 minutes of being on. The plastic at the bottom of the computer was actually bubbled and peeling off that's how hot it got.

I sent it to the computer tec's and they came back after doing testing, saying that there were 2 fans inside my computer, but only ONE of them was working, the 2nd fan was not getting instructions from the computer to turn on when it got too hot.

They installed a driver, and installed a temperature gauge that shows temps of all hardware, and showed that both fans were spinning and working.

All was fine until tonight when I had to be an idiot and run some virus scan that found this driver, (I didn't know what it was called, I just hit DELETE!) and it wiped that driver off my computer and now the 2nd fan isn't working again.

Does anyone know how to get the 2nd internal fan working again? I tried googling internal fan drivers, but I can't come up with anything and I don't want my computer getting ridiculously hot again. bla.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

There are no specific drivers for a cooling fan. That would be the chipset drivers
I'd try the recommended one first, then the optional one:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

One other thing to try is to get a can of compressed air and aim the nozzle inside the vents and blow it out
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users