Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with avitars/images

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 doresy

doresy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

Hi, for no apparant reason I have started to notice when opening some sites I see one or two white squares with a red x in the corner as though something is there but missing. If I clik on them sometime it redirects and other times it say not available.
Another oddity is when on another forum my avitar which I have had for years turned into a white box with the red x. When I went into settings it says off site image. When I try to add another image from image shack or photobucket the same happens. If I try to use the select from computer the image will not load.

Is there a common problem here? My signiture images from the same source are uneffected

I am using Windows XP Home. IE7 and am on AOL (for my sins!)
Windows XP Home....Netgear DG834G wireless modem/router....ISP- AOL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

Hi doresy,

There are several things you can do. One is to try going back to an earlier restore point from before this started.

Or you can try repairing Internet Explorer as per these instructions from Microsoft: How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer

And for information (and to have a second browser for when problems like this come up), if you download and install Firefox, do you have the same problem? That's here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users