Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer stops starting up. Windows?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Xeno Seraph

Xeno Seraph

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:08 PM

So I took a look inside of my computer todsy and now when I turn itmon after the windows logo it stops starting up. At one point I asks if I want to useneade mode and I can. I don't know what's wrong. Could I have fried something inside?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

you may need to clarify the question and spellcheck a little. as I don't quite understand it.

make sure all the cords and plugs are plugged in.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:22 PM

useneade

???
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Xeno Seraph

Xeno Seraph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

I apologize. I'm using my iPod to type. I'm just wondering what the problem could be. When I get home I will recheck the plugs but I'm sure all the exterior ones are in. I don't think I messed with any of the cords inside. If it matters I use a gateway 504gr. Usenade is use safe mode.sorry again

Edited by Xeno Seraph, 03 December 2008 - 05:33 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,757 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

Reference: http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/3724/4365sp3.shtml

Louis

#6 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

here's the deal, if you touched ANYTHING on the inside without:
unplugging all cords from the front and back;
grounding yourself on the bare metal of the case, or;
using a shielded wrist strap,

you very well could have fried something.. just a heads up.

Although i doubt this is the case, you may want to read the link so you can be more educated about the dangers of static and pc's in general. It develops better practice.

Again, i would say checking all the cords on the inner regions of the pc, just to be sure nothing is out of the ordinary.

some things to check (AFTER safely discharging yourself of any possible static, and setting up your anti-static work area):
Fan cords.
Power cables to the drives.
Ide(or sata) cables (both ends)

Edited by Michael-Anthony, 03 December 2008 - 06:29 PM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:51 PM

In your first post you wrote

At one point I asks if I want to useneade mode and I can.

From your second post you wrote that this means you were asked if you wanted to use Safe Mode, and you wrote that you can? Does this mean that you can open Windows in Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Xeno Seraph

Xeno Seraph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:38 AM

I did use safe mode, and then I tried with most recent configuration. I then went to class, came home, and found out my sister was able to turn my computer all the way on. She just tried several times. I did a spy-ware scan and it said it found a Trojan that attaches itself to the Winlogon. Could that have something to do with it? Because now I'm just nervous about turning my computer back off :thumbsup: lol

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,757 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

If you take actions to minimize the threat of continued malware...there is little reason to fear turning your system off, unless the malware is just coincidental (rather than the cause) to your problem.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 December 2008 - 09:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users