Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nwiz & Nvcpldaemons needed?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Emile

Emile

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:10 AM

Hello,
These 2 programs are started after Windows.
Are these 2 programs needed while the PC is running and used for Games?
:thumbsup:
Why this question? I try to stop all uneeded (nice to have) programs/processes running because I run FS9 Flight Simulation 2004 and I need all the available "power" to run this game.
:flowers:
I run XP Pro SP2 on my Abit IT7 MAX2 V2 P4 2.4 oc 2.75 , 1Gb ram, Abit GF4 TI4600 with 2 monitors attached, Dx 9c
:trumpet:
Thanks in advance
Emile Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 560 ti,PCX Nvidia 550 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:38 AM

Hello Emile and welcome to BC

If you look at the top of this page you will notice the "Startup Database". Type the name of any program you have running on startup into our database and from there you can determine whether you want or need to have it running.

In your case it seems you may have some problems with the first one. Are you sure you have the second one spelled correctly? It helps to include the file extension (such as .exe) to determine the program being started.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Emile

Emile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

Hello Leurgy,

Thanks I did found the Startup Database (how did I miss this?) :thumbsup:

* NvCplDeamon is NvCpl.dll.NvStartup "Intializes the clock and memory settings on nVidia based graphics cards. Enable if you overclock your card "
I do oc my vid card so I keep

* nwiz : "Associated with the newer versions of nVidia graphics cards drivers. Allows you to immensely improve desktop layouts by setting preferences and optimizations. However, this isn't necessary for the operation of your system "
and
"This is a valid program but it is not required to run on startup.

This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources."

I'll try without at startup and report back after

Thanks for assistance
Emile Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 560 ti,PCX Nvidia 550 ti,

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:13 AM

I'm glad you found that helpful Emile. Thanks for posting back. :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 Emile

Emile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:36 AM

Hi,
Removing Nwiz from startup, rebooting, running applications and game without any negative result !
:thumbsup:
Removing NvCplDeamon NvCpl.dll.NvStartup from startup , rebooting = all overclocking for the vid card is gone .....back to the defaults

:flowers:
Thanks a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users