Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OldTimer/HiJackThis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 *James*

*James*

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

I had lot of bad stuff on my PC that "SuperAntiSpyware (free edition)" was able to get rid of, but there are a few that are escaping. I am able to identify some of them in the logs provided, but I am uncertain how to go about "completely" removing them. My scanner (above) is able to find remnants of some of these and will try to remove them, but upon rebooting, they are replaced. In addition, there are some error messages that pop up at start up that I know are caused by some of these bad boys but like the others, when removed, they seem to come back. (Perhaps the programs aren't actually "able" to remove them?) I remember one of them involves "gukowema.dll". I am certainly no where near an expert on these issues, but normally I am able to solve a problem like this using the removal programs used by the tech's who assist others with these similar issues and then following the steps given to them. But this one seems to go deeper than that and it involes knowledge that I don't have. I (of course) submit to your direction on this. =) (F.Y.I. - OldTimer is the one who assisted the individual in the forum I read that showed me I couldn't do this on my own, though I know any of you would certainly be able to help.) Thank you in advance! =D (Now where's the post button....Oh, there it is. - HeHe)

Attached Files

Edited by *James*, 03 December 2008 - 04:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 *James*

*James*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

Well...while bored, I played around with my system and found a way to rid myself of the viruses. I had to use msconfig and tell it to boot in the Diagnostic Startup mode then I ran the same virus remover and was able to kill them. =) Only one problem now though. I now have no sound. (HeHe) I'm suposed to be smart enough to figure this one out...but I can't think right now how to do it. If you get the chance to walk me through some ideas that "might" help, I'd appreciate it. Thank you again for the services you all provide for us. =D

Attached Files

#3 *James*

*James*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:50 AM

False Alarm, ...my sound's working again. I'm all set now. =) Thanks anyway.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for informing us.

If you find other problems please post anew.

This thread is closed.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users