Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard FSB and lag

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrisgritz

chrisgritz

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

K well, i am about to buy a comp here soon, i was looking at barebone kit.net they have amazing deals, and i was looking at the FSB speeds, i was wondering, does FSB have anything to do with lag? like if i have low FSB does it mean my games will lag or no? i was going to get a processor that had Dual 2.4 Ghz with 2000 Mhz of FSB but then i saw another processor they had that was Quad 2.2 Ghz but had 3600 Mhz of FSB, i know with the Dual 2.4 Ghz and 2000 Mhz FSB i can play the game i want which is Warhammer, but idk if i should spend the extra money into getting that extra fsb and quad core, cuz idk if fsb makes a difference or not, im also getting 4gbz 800 Mhz of ram and a 256mb graphics card thats supported by WAR and i know it will run it well, im just confused about the FSB part. Does FSB have anything to do with games? or what. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

Reasonable explanation, IMO: http://www.techterms.com/definition/fsb

Louis

#3 chrisgritz

chrisgritz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

Reasonable explanation, IMO: http://www.techterms.com/definition/fsb

Louis

Perfect, Thanks! :thumbsup:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

Easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users