Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony vaio fan problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 `jack

`jack

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Hello guys

5-6 days ago the fan started to make a really nasty sound(it never happend before). Its like when you put a piece of paper in front of the blades. Here's a link on youtube so you could hear and second http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8sB86wfjso...feature=related <- turn up the volume btw.

Anyone has any ideea at all of what this could be?

Btw, this happens every time I start up my notebook, and after 10 mins while running, the fan goes normal. After the fan goes normal, if I put my ear near the fanwhole when the fans are running i can hear some other weird sound, like something spinning that needs to be oiled(must be some other fan doing this cuz I can hear the first one, now running like it should).

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

Sounds like a fan bearing or possibly one of the vanes hitting against something. :thumbsup:

The fan is not that bad to replace. If you can afford to have it out of commission, you can take it apart and figure out the part number. The other way would be to check your service manual and see what the specs and part number are for that fan assembly. I think I paid $20-30 for a Dell fan, brand new.

Remember that the CPU does not like getting too hot. :flowers:

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users