Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virusscan2009

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bridgji

bridgji

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

Its anit virsu 2009 not virusscan 2009

When I go to google a specific url redirects me to computerfastscanner.com/2009/1/freescan.php?nu=880865
I know the virusscan software they try to get you to buy is rogueware but am i infected with something because that link redirects me to it?
It happens in google / yahoo and I've heard from a hand full of people in diverse areas that they are seeing the link problem also.
Going to the site itself seems fine, if I go directly to the url and if I look at the code for the results page it looks ok which leads me to belive I got something. I ran malwarebytes but it didn't find anything . Is it possibly the site I'm trying to go to itself?

Thanks
Jim

Edited by bridgji, 03 December 2008 - 01:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

remove link

other users may click and get infected

edit and say
redirected to a antivirus2009 rogue site

#3 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

the text is very reassuring on the site

very good virus that is very dangerous

dont enter no bank details untill your certain this has gone NO TRACES

Edited by jacoblloyd, 03 December 2008 - 01:28 PM.

#4 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

Its anit virsu 2009 not virusscan 2009

When I go to google a specific url redirects me to

computerfastscanner.com/2009/1/freescan.php?nu=880865

I know the virusscan software they try to get you to buy is rogueware but am i infected with something because that link redirects me to it?
It happens in google / yahoo and I've heard from a hand full of people in diverse areas that they are seeing the link problem also.
Going to the site itself seems fine, if I go directly to the url and if I look at the code for the results page it looks ok which leads me to belive I got something. I ran malwarebytes but it didn't find anything . Is it possibly the site I'm trying to go to itself?

Thanks
Jim

WOW!!

The link stillthere!

#5 bridgji

bridgji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

So Cookie spy didn't find much I removed them all and still get it. I'm now on another machine and It trys to redirect me but my Virus software stops me from going to the scan site. Its saying its an HTTP Misleading application detection. Attacking url infowwwprodotcom.

#6 bridgji

bridgji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

Using fiddler to watch what is happening seems that when the link trys to go I get a 302 page with the document has moved to that site. I'm not sure what's causing it.

#7 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:19 PM

ok

i just had same popup

do you use a wireless network?

edit: what firewall do you use if any?

have you used MBAM or your antivirus proggram?

also please not im only a member trying to help

Edited by jacoblloyd, 03 December 2008 - 03:21 PM.

#8 bridgji

bridgji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

Its happening on multilple machines connecting wirelesly and directly. I have scaned using norton 2009 and malwarebytes both which come up my machine clean. I'm using windows firewall . I begining to think this isn't me but either the site or the link some how...

Norton catches the that its getting sent to the site and stops that ... and says theres nothing I need to do.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by bridgji, 03 December 2008 - 04:17 PM.

#9 bridgji

bridgji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

Ok turns out it was the site itself had been hacked and the .htaccess had been altered. The issue that made it tough .. or me stupid was that the .htaccess turned out to be hidden and the hosting site had setting to display hidden that seemed to override the setting I had made that should have made it visible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users