Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Can't Move My Screen Horizontally

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

Howdy,

The arrows to click on in order to move the screen horizontally have disappeared. The vertical arrows are still there.

Here is a screen shot.

Posted Image

The only thing I did yesterday out of the ordinary was enlarge the print of a book that I was reading online. I held the Ctrl key down and rotated the mouse wheel to enlarge. I then put it back to it's origanal setting. (or close to it)

Any advice ?

Thanks,

Dennis

Edited by Dennis H, 03 December 2008 - 10:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

it would seem your talking about scrolling left to right while inside a web page.

This is what happens.

a web page is too big horizontally for your display settings, so the browser throws a horizontal scroll bar in there so you can see the whole page.

a web page is not too big horizontally for your display settings, so the browser does not need to use the horizontal scroll bar.

if you really want that bar back...

in ie, go to page > zoom > 100%

if its already selected, just find a page thats too wide for your display settings. (some myspace pages are like this)

Edited by Michael-Anthony, 03 December 2008 - 10:50 AM.

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for the reply. All is good now.

Dennis :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users