Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restarting on boot screen

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:30 AM

I have a pc that on the boot screen, it loads from some time and then a blue screen with a lot of words come and disappear in a split of a second.Then it will restart by it self. Before the boot screen a the screen appears where it tells you "we apologize for the inconvenience......." Always the same screen when the pc is not turned off properly.
  • Safe Mode
  • Safe mode with network
  • and others....
  • Start Windows normally
I choose Start windows normally.

It keeps restarting again and again.

What can i do? If the UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) helps i own it.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

You can try the following:

When booting hit f8 to enter Windows advanced options, scroll down and choose Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure.

If that works, we can hopefully get an error message which will provide something to go on.

Louis

#3 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

i dont know if you can see the text clearly cause i connected the pc with boot error on an old monitor. :/

Here is a photo of the error
Posted Image

#4 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

while you are booting... continually tap the F8 key, and try Last Known Good Configuration.

then i would pull and attach 3 or 4 of the most recent files in this folder

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

also, it wouldnt be a bad idea to go ahead and run a memory test.

MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/

Edited by Michael-Anthony, 03 December 2008 - 03:36 PM.

#5 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

When i tried the last known Good configuration, again the blue screen flashes up and then restarted by itself . :/

Edited by Deadly Elegance, 03 December 2008 - 04:20 PM.

#6 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

Any answer to this problem please?

Thanks

#7 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:00 AM

try doing a search here for the error codes posted on your monitor; Read through the pages here and you may find some answers until someone more knowlegdable can help.

clicky: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1173

ranger72
So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

#8 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

also try here for error code messages: http://www.theeldergeek.com/stop_error_messages.htm

hope this helps get you going in the right direction until someone can help you more.

ranger72

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

FWIW: These types of errors can seldom be pinned down, IMO. There are any number of causes/reasons and system events which will trigger these.

Even though the generic data indicates it's a driver problem...there are all sorts of drivers in an XP system. Microsoft drivers, hardware drivers, firewall drivers, AV drivers, etc...I think you get the picture.

Louis

#10 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

FWIW: These types of errors can seldom be pinned down, IMO. There are any number of causes/reasons and system events which will trigger these.

Even though the generic data indicates it's a driver problem...there are all sorts of drivers in an XP system. Microsoft drivers, hardware drivers, firewall drivers, AV drivers, etc...I think you get the picture.

Louis

Yes i got the picture.

How can i solve this problem?

#11 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

Most likely bad memory.

However if you've tried booting in safemode and it doesn't work you can always pop your xp cd in and try and repair it.

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:32 AM

I suspect that I normally attempt a repair install...then a clean one, if that fails.

As I said, the potential causes are varied...and there is no guarantee that you will ever arrive at the right one.

Obvious things to check: RAM.

The fact that you cannot boot into XP...pretty much eliminates anything more than a RAM diagnostic and a hard drive diagnostic.

If it were me, I always try attaching the drive to another system...running chkdsk /r...and then trying to boot it again.

Others here have more diagnostic techniques/procedures than I do, wait for more suggestions.

But...I would not be overly optimistic that there IS "an answer."

Louis

#13 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

I suspect that I normally attempt a repair install...then a clean one, if that fails.

As I said, the potential causes are varied...and there is no guarantee that you will ever arrive at the right one.

Obvious things to check: RAM.

The fact that you cannot boot into XP...pretty much eliminates anything more than a RAM diagnostic and a hard drive diagnostic.

If it were me, I always try attaching the drive to another system...running chkdsk /r...and then trying to boot it again.

Others here have more diagnostic techniques/procedures than I do, wait for more suggestions.

But...I would not be overly optimistic that there IS "an answer."

Louis

10/10

#14 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:55 PM

Actually, i think it was the RAM, cause i removed them and changed their position. When i turned the pc on, it booted normally. I didnt thought that was the RAM, anyway thanks all for solving this problem :D

#15 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for letting us know!

ranger72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users