Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 secretangel

secretangel

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:51 AM

Sinc yesterday my computer kept coming up with the blue screen of death about every 15 minutes or so, the error as much as I can read before it goes off is Kernel Stack Error (there is another word between stack and error but can't remember what it is).

Zone Alarm Security picked up a virus too which it couldn't clear but I'm not sure if its the virus thats causing the blue screen or something else.

I have tried checking the hard disk but I get an error message saying that it was unable to complete the process and when I ran it on restart it kept freezing at 97% and would go no further.

I keep trying to run my antivirus scanner but the computer usually crashes before it is completed so I do not know whether I am still infected or not.

I have also been trying to install the latest windows update (Service Pack 3) but that fails everytime too.

I am not sure what to do next

Can anyone advise

Edited by secretangel, 03 December 2008 - 04:52 AM.

Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:49 AM

Was the whole error KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR?

If it was, try using Option 2 to manually run chkdsk, if this will not work use the second suggestion of Option 2.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 secretangel

secretangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

Have tried manually running chkdsk but it still would not complete the process and got stuck at 97%
Posted Image

#4 secretangel

secretangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:38 PM

Have tried running the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner - ran the virus scan first and that didn't pick anything up, tried running the full scan but computer crashed before it completed and this has happened a couple of times today.

I am backing up all my documents to my external hard drive.

But what other steps can I try to fix the problem. The computer stayed on for longer periods of time today before getting the blue screen but it has still done it 3 or 4 times.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users