Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash not working in FireFox?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RETSBAR

RETSBAR

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:26 AM

Not sure if I even have this in the correct thread. ( bear with me, in time, I will learn the site better...I have been on for 4 hours tonight and am just completly lost, as this site is new to me
---------------------)

I use FireFox and IE ( I think "7") on a Dell laptop with Vista.

Flash content when I am useing "IE" seems to be fine.

But if I am using FireFox, and go to site with a lot of flash content , it keeps asking me to download Adobe Flash.....I have done this so many times,!!!!
but its not working.

There is probably a simple answer, but I can not find it.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:55 AM

Looks like you have the latest version of Flash for IE but not for Firefox. They are different. You can add Flash for Firefox from your addon manager.

#3 RETSBAR

RETSBAR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

Looks like you have the latest version of Flash for IE but not for Firefox. They are different. You can add Flash for Firefox from your addon manager.

Thanks Frank,

But,
Under my TOOLS on Firefox, it shows that Adobe Flash is in my DOWNLOAD.
When I check the ADDON, there is nothing that comes up for Adoble.( maybe I am looking in the wrong place)

Is there a site somewhere, where someone is in Kindergarten levels for computers???.......lol
Some of these thing are so simple for others, Why is it is a challenge for me!!!!

#4 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

When I check the ADDON, there is nothing that comes up for Adoble.( maybe I am looking in the wrong place)

look in "about:plugins" (no quotes) Type that in the address bar in FF. Of just click it if you're viewing this post in FF. Look for something like this:

Shockwave Flash

File name: NPSWF32.dll
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r1
(with a couple more lines under MIME type

If it's not there, you can get the Firefox plug in here:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Edited by mommabear, 03 December 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#5 RETSBAR

RETSBAR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:11 AM

look in "about:plugins" (no quotes) Type that in the address bar in FF. Of just click it if you're viewing this post in FF. Look for something like this:

Shockwave Flash

File name: NPSWF32.dll
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r1
(with a couple more lines under MIME type

If it's not there, you can get the Firefox plug in here:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

THANKS Mommabear!

Its still not working.......sighs

It works fine in Internet explorer, so I will just continue that way( at least I can do stuff online, its just slower)
and Hopefully, I can get a better computer for Xmas.....lol

Thanks everyone!
Happy Holidays!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users