Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updated Netcomm NB9W firmware via Wireless

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BoboLiu

BoboLiu

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

I am using Netcomm NB9W modem, everything's perfect til i stupidly update the firmware via wireless...

Am able to connect to internet using hard wire, but not through wireless

The network can be detected but when i select it and click "connect", it fails...

I've tried turning off the modem, reset the settings, update the firmware again via LAN... none works

Would anyone know what to do...?

Thanks ~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

It's possible that the Modem set back to defaults. Log in and check the settings.

#3 BoboLiu

BoboLiu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

hem~~ i tried reset the setting by putting in new password, change SSID, ensured wireless is enabled...

Don't know there's anything else to be reset~...

#4 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

3) things to look at. #1 how is the wireless set up configured? What type of security is being used if any? Are you Broadcasting the Network, or is it hidden? Are you using Hardware Security? (Mac Address Filtering on the modem)

2) How are you connecting on Windows? Do the settings match the modem?

3) What happens if you turn off all software firewalls in windows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users