Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rapid Antivirus Virus -- unable to fix on my own -- need help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hey everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. I have a virus that appears to be fairly common and I have done my research on it.

This virus is preventing sites like this one, mcafee and avg from opening on my desktop cpu.

I read BleepingComputer's Rapid antivirus removal instructions before posting this thread, but my cpu would not download the software because of this virus apparently.

Now, when I reboot my cpu, it becomes inoperable after booting normally and once my desktop screen pops up, an blank explorer webpage opens up involuntarily and the CPU just freezes.

Is there a way to fix this virus in safe mode?

I cannot afford to have everything wiped out.

Edited by JBIIRockets, 02 December 2008 - 09:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

Can you get into Safemode w/networking?
Not for Vista
--------------------------

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • Please be patient as the scan may take up to 20 minutes to complete.
  • When the process is complete, the SDFix report log will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • The SDFix report log (Report.txt) will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to re-enable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

Can you get into Safemode w/networking?

Yes I can. I will attempt these instructions. MANY thanks for your help.

#4 JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:44 PM

My computer could not download SDfix while in safe made with networking. This virus appears to have a stranglehold on my desktop cpu.

So much so, that I could open yahoo.com but it blocked bleepingcomputer.com.

Looks like i'll have to open my wallet. Thanks though.

Edited by JBIIRockets, 03 December 2008 - 11:45 PM.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:20 AM

Do you have a thumbdrive or a computer with a CD burner?
You could run Malwarebytes from one of those
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users