Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help making a dvd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 urbanninja

urbanninja

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

My mom is making a DVD for one of her friend's parent's birthdays. She made it on windows movie maker but when i tried to play it on windows media player, it says that "the file you are attempting to play has and extension (.MSWMM) that does not match the file format." She tried to burn it on a DVD and it wouldn't work. She copied it to my flash drive and went to walmart and they said that it wouldn't work in that format but they didn't know how to change it.

What format would it need to be in to play and burn as a DVD and,
are there any specific programs that I would have to use to change it?

Edited by urbanninja, 02 December 2008 - 11:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 urbanninja

urbanninja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

okay i found out that i need to convert the file to .avi or .wmv but which one is better for burning to a dvd?

#3 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:56 AM

Personally, I would use an MPEG 2 format. But if I had to choose between AVI and WMV, I would choose AVI.

Super will convert most formats.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

#4 urbanninja

urbanninja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:33 PM

okay i got it. my mom didnt save it right, she clicked "File" >> "Save As" instead of "Finish Project" >> "Save to my Computer"

so its in WMV now and she can burn it

Edited by urbanninja, 04 December 2008 - 05:01 PM.

#5 mazbeth

mazbeth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:07 AM

Hi I bought Real Player Plus the other day at 19.99 as it promised to enable burning to DVD to play on TV, video files from online.
I recently bought an external CD/DVD Rom drive as my computer one packed up, and the Real Player burning programme is working great with that in burning wmv files to DVD.

But even though the flv files I have in it's Library say 'ready to burn' nothing is happening when I try to burn...so, obviously, I must need to convert them to an appropriate format.

I converted 1 of them to wmv with http://w12.media-convert.com/ and burned it to DVD.
But when I played it back the quality was not very good, with a green tinge in some parts, although it improved slightly as the DVD went on. [The sound was fine].

I notice that someone said above that they recommend converting to mpeg2 for burning to DVD.

Well I downloaded the recommended 'Super' programme [thankyou], but it can't convert flv to mpeg2 [nor to wmv, unlike the site which I gave the link to above].

does anyone have any good advice for me please?
thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users