Download Dr.Web CureIt
& save it to your desktop. Don't scan your computer yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" by pressing F8 after you hear a beep. You must press F8 rapidly but after the beep and before the loading screen. A menu will appear with about 5 options (Something like that). Use the arrow keys to navigate to "Safe Mode". Press Enter!
Scan with Dr.Web CureIt using these steps.
1. Double-click on launch.exe on your desktop.
2. Click Start.
3. At the prompt to "Start scan now", click Ok. Allow the setup.exe/driver to load if asked by any of your security programs.
4. The Express scan will automatically begin.
5. If an infected object is found, you will be asked to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
6. When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
7. Now click on the circle next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
8. In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
9. On the main window, click the green play button on the right under the logo.
10. When the scan is complete, a message will be shown at the bottom saying if any viruses were found.
11. Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file/s and select "Move incurable".
12. Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done. Note:
Reboot your computer in normal mode (Don't press F8)
* It should be removed now!
(I've used Dr.Web CureIt many times! I removed many threats like exe32.exe and some MP3 viruses from my and my relative's computers)
Edited by master131, 08 December 2008 - 03:15 AM.