Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another msn virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stevenke

stevenke

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Hey, a friend of mine was so stupid to click on a virus link he got from some1 on msn.
The link is: foto <hxxp://jojing.info/viewimage.php?=xxx>, where xxx stands for the email address of the person receiving the message.
So now he's also infected and can't get rid of it. After a little while his msn starts to freeze aswell as his computer,only restart helps mellow.gif
if somebody could help me figure this problem out I would be very thankful.

Grtz, stevenke

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 February 2013 - 02:40 AM.
Deactivate link. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:55 PM

The only way to get rid of a virus is by using an antivirus utility. Boot into safe mode by tapping F8 as the computer starts and then run the scan.

#3 stevenke

stevenke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:54 AM

When he noticed the virus he immedeatly ran his virus scan twice but nothing was found or does he really have to do it in safe mode?
Can't fix this using mbam or something like that?

#4 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:13 AM

Download Dr.Web CureIt & save it to your desktop. Don't scan your computer yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" by pressing F8 after you hear a beep. You must press F8 rapidly but after the beep and before the loading screen. A menu will appear with about 5 options (Something like that). Use the arrow keys to navigate to "Safe Mode". Press Enter!

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt using these steps.

1. Double-click on launch.exe on your desktop.
2. Click Start.
3. At the prompt to "Start scan now", click Ok. Allow the setup.exe/driver to load if asked by any of your security programs.
4. The Express scan will automatically begin.
5. If an infected object is found, you will be asked to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
6. When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
7. Now click on the circle next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
8. In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
9. On the main window, click the green play button on the right under the logo.
10. When the scan is complete, a message will be shown at the bottom saying if any viruses were found.
11. Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file/s and select "Move incurable".
12. Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
Note: Reboot your computer in normal mode (Don't press F8)
* It should be removed now! :thumbsup:

(I've used Dr.Web CureIt many times! I removed many threats like exe32.exe and some MP3 viruses from my and my relative's computers)

Edited by master131, 08 December 2008 - 03:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users