Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows xp home edition crash!?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tgrball

tgrball

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

well in the middle of everything i mean any program the comp. automatical shuts off and restarts any ideas one of why it does this.? my friends told me its something in start up but i cant find out what any ideas i would love to here if u could send me a message or post here :flowers: :thumbsup:

Edited by tgrball, 02 December 2008 - 05:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hi, you will need to explain in more detail what happends and what program is shutting down. Is there an error message? Does it only happen with one program?

Hi, you will need to explain in more detail what happends and what program is shutting down. Is there an error message? Does it only happen with one program?
MCP
MSDST

#3 tgrball

tgrball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

it crashes on like most of anything exept firefox or any internet options only thing that it doesen't is internet but anything elsa it crashes and as i said my friend said that its something in start up and i cant find out why

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:09 PM

Hi, go to event viewer . Right click on MyComputer>manage>event viewer>system. You will need to find an event when it last crashed and it should say somthing like this: User32 and it will have an event id and message.

Edited by Monty007, 05 December 2008 - 11:09 PM.

MCP
MSDST

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

Step One: Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

Step Two: After the next crash, go to Event Viewer and look for related error message. Follow directions to see details of error and post all details here.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users