Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Host Process not working...What the?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dborns

Dborns

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

I have a laptop and desktop both running windows vista sp1. I recently bought a Sony minidvd camcorder. It came with software that I downloaded to both computers with no problem. My problem started when I uploaded the videos from the camera to both computers. The videos uploaded fine and show up on both the Picture imaging software that came with the computer, and also in "My Video" file. When I go to the Sony software, I am able to play the videos with no problem. But when I go to "My Videos" file I'm having problems. As soon as I open the file with all of the videos, I get a boxes that pop up saying, "Windows Host Process (rundll32) has stopped working. It then asks to connect to the net for a solution. If I click on one of the mpeg videos, I get audio and no video. When I let it search for a solution, it shows its a problem with axis media control, but when I click on the solution it just goes to an Axis website and not really a solution. I need to get this fixed because I can't email these videos to anyone and that is the reason we bought a new camera.
Thanks for the help.
Dylan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users