Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 omaroo

omaroo

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

hi was just watching a dvd on my comp. When i tried to go on the internet nothing loaded. So restarted my router and nothing and then restarted comp and came up with a "parsar message" saying "value creation failed at line 906". What the *** is this i never had this. Plz can anyone help in simple terms.

Edited by usasma, 02 December 2008 - 04:52 PM.
See ****

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

Hi omaroo,

Try clicking on the ok button (multiple times) until the windows logon screen comes up. If it works and it comes up, please use System Restore to return your computer to an earlier restore point (if your operating system has System Restore). It should be a date just before you watched the dvd.

If you've never done this before, Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
check the box to Restore my computer to an earlier time and click on Next. You'll see a calendar with highlighted dates. Choose one of the dates just preceding this problem and allow your system to return to that date. See if the problem goes away.

For Vista: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/...43.html#restore

If this doesn't help and you are still in your computer, please go to Start / Run and copy-paste (or type) in sfc /scannow and click ok.
This will scan your computer and look for corrupt or missing files. If it finds any, it will attempt to find a backup copy on your system or it may ask you to insert your cd.

If you managed to get in and were able to do any of the above and none of it worked, you should go back into system restore using the same steps and undo the change you made.

If you get into your computer, post here and wait for an answer without shutting it back down. If you can't get past the error message to get to the logon screen, then post this information here as well. If any of the above works, please post this as well.

Zllio

#3 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

zilla u have been brilliant. But i knew that the reason that message was coming up was something has been corrupt or a code has be change automatically in the browser so i uninstalled firefox now windows works fine. If that message comes up i will use your methods. Cheers man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users