Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda
for short), and I will be helping you with your log.
I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the
button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic
, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here
Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Download and Run ATFCleaner
- Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.
- If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
- Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
- Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
Please download ATF Cleaner
by Atribune. This program will clear out temporary files before we run OTScanIt. You will likely be logged out of the forum where you are recieving help.This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only.
Download and Run OTScanIt
- Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
- Under Main Select Files to Delete choose: Select All.
- Click the Empty Selected button.
- If you use any other browsers, select them appropriately from the top and empty all items.
by OldTimer to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt
on your desktop.
- Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program. If you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.
- Check the Scan all users box at the top left.
- Change the Rootkit Scan setting from "No" to Yes.
- Click the Extras button under "Additional Scans".
- Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
- When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
- Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
- Close Notepad (saving the change if necessary).
- Use the Add Reply button in the forum and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt folder and named OTScanIt.txt.
Please also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since your topic was started.
If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.
The PandaImportant Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic below this point are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.