Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox and Macromedia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hortoholic

hortoholic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

Hello, I use Firefox and after it asked me to update flash. Then after I did update, I could no longer use macromedia flash. It used to work on firefox and now does not. It was working before and my javascript is on. I get a message like this:

"you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

If you would like more details please ask. Any way to fix this?

Specs:

Windows XP Home SP3
HP Compaq Presario
80GB
AMD Sempron

Thanks everyone for your responses.

hortoholic

Edited by hortoholic, 02 December 2008 - 11:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

Did you uninstall the old version of Flash before updating?

#3 hortoholic

hortoholic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

No I do not think I uninstalled the old version. Where is the uninstaller located? I had the current version installed though. This happened because a website sai I had outdated flash player.

Thank you.

hortoholic

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

You can find the uninstaller at this link. Adobe issued Flash 10 a couple of weeks ago. Uninstall the old version first.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users