Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 Server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lenihankevin

lenihankevin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:11 AM

My backup is supposed to be running at night time while I am at home but every morning I come in and it says that one or more drives have failed. So, I have came to a conclusion that it is my back drive. Does any one know how to fix this? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 baumer

baumer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

Are you backing up to an external HD? If so, is it USB/Firewire/ESATA?
What program are you using to back it up? Have you made sure the paths in the backup fields are correctly specified?
Is the backup disk recognized in my computer? If not, disk manager? Is it properly initialized and formatted ?
If you can see it in my computer, start > run > cmd ----- then do a checkdisk by typing C:\>chkdsk DRIVELETTEROFBACKUP:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users