Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless network issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tpm

tpm

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

Hello
I have several computers in my household. Several are hard wired and a few are wireless. I have a linksys WRT54G V8 wireless G router with a built in 4 port switch. Almost everyday the signal is lost and I need to unplug the router to reset it. This goes for the wired computers as well. Can someone walk me throuh the checklist so that I know everything is the way it should be? My main computer sits about 5 feet from the router and it is running Vista premium. Someone mentioned that windows and the router may not be "sinked" correctly. The router has the latest drivers istalled.

Thanks
Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bama_fan

bama_fan

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

tom

i had a similar issue with this same device.....i tried everything i could to stabilize it but ended up having to contact linksys support.....they said it was a faulty device and sent me a new one.....

Edited by bama_fan, 02 December 2008 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image

#3 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

Thanks bama fan. Guess I'll be calling them :thumbsup:
Tom

#4 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

Update:
I called or actually I had an online chat with support. I upgraded to the latest driver for my router. He says this will fix it. Now it is wait and see. I must say that the support went really well, just don't know if it's corrected
Tom

#5 bama_fan

bama_fan

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

i will second that.....to my surprise they were pretty helpful.....
Posted Image

#6 NoteOfDeath

NoteOfDeath

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

I would like to third that i sat on the phone once with linksys support for about an hour and a half and they didn't get impatient or aggravated with me at all.

If it was me i would be a little ticked with the customer haha.

I hope it works good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users