Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading a game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jaimee

Jaimee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:53 AM

I need help big time!! Ive just discovered an old game that i used to play when i was like 10.. 'Theme Hospital' ive just downloaded it through thepiratebay.com torrent and now it is just sitting in my computer as a file. When I go into it, it comes up with nero. I can't install it I can't do anything!! :flowers: I downloaded it through UTorrent. I really suck at all this computer stuff, but im really keen to play this game!! So PLEASE if anyone can help me, id be so greatful.

My computer is Vista, but it said it is suitable for the program.

ps. Im totally challenged and need major help... If you can help me, please explain like you are trying to teach a 3 year old how to tie their shoe laces :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

You can't receive help with that sort of thing here, I don't think. Shouldn't have mentioned that torrent site either.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

I would delete the file and run any anti-virus software you have.

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

I agree with King that Bleeping doesn't do torrent site help but it sounds like you can't even delete the file. So...

Try these steps.

1) Reboot the computer into Safe Mode. When the screen starts up tap F8 a number of times. This should take you to a menu. Choose Safe Mode (either one will do).

2) Now you are in safe mode, find the file and attempt to delete it.

3) Reboot the PC as you would normally, allowing a normal reboot.

If this does not work then right click the desktop and make a new folder. Move the file to this folder by right clicking and holding and dragging it to the folder. When you release the mouse button it will either move it or ask what you want to do with it (depends on the manufacturers settings). You want to move it.

After that delete the folder by right clicking and choose delete. If that doesn't work attempt to move the folder to the recycle bin (by dragging it). Then open the recycle bin and click File or Edit at the top and find Empty Recycle Bin.

If this does not work then right click the file and click Properties. Cut and paste the file path into a reply. The filepath is the bit that should start with C:\.

Edited by m0le, 02 December 2008 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#4 Jaimee

Jaimee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the help, I wasn't aware of what you could and couldnt talk about in here, I mentioned the torrent, website etc so that whoever helped me would know exactly what was going on. I only joined yesterday hoping to find someone who can help me with this game. I just plugged in 'computer help chatroom' in google and this came up. I would just buy the game but I have vista and the game is old and only works on XP I think...

But thanks anyways :thumbsup:

#5 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

A lot of old games won't work on Vista, that's why i'm sticking with XP

#6 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members