Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor pipeline details

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sickstrings

sickstrings

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:55 AM

Hi guys, I need to compare some server and desktop processors like amd opteron vs intel xeon or amd phenom vs intel core 2 duo.

I need, specifically, information on internal functional units, pipeline architecture, pipeline hazards and pipeline
schedule.

I've found lots of readings regarding these processors but there isn't any information about pipelining. Most are about cache size, chip size, etc. Nothing really about the pipeline info that I need.

If you can point me to some online references that can provide me with the pipelining info, it would really help. Thanks!

^_^
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Detailed instructions are not meant to insult your intelligence. They are there for readers who may not be familiar with some aspects of their computer.

Roses are #FF0000. Violets are #00FF00. All my base are belong to you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

The manufacturer's websites would be the logical choices...all relevant data on a processor should be there, IMO. Tech manuals, specs, etc.

I would do a search...and be prepared for lots of data.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 02 December 2008 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users