Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unblocking web sights?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cbrooks302

cbrooks302

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

I have just picked up a couple of computers from a company that was replacing all their computers with new models.
For the most part, they had removed almost everything from the computers other than windows xp and a few minor programs. They do have blocks on some internet access, ie. cannot go to myspace or youtube. How can I get access to these and any other sights that might be blocked out? I have tried restoring defaults to internet explorer and firewall which brought back the search page but nothing else. My IT guy at work told me I need to replace the hard drives. Is there another way?
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bama_fan

bama_fan

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

i would check to see that no internet security or firewall software is installed on the pc's......some of these type programs will allow you to specify which websites are accessible and which ones to block.....also, if it hasn't been done already, i would remove it from any domain it may have been associated with...this should reset any group policy's that might be in place.....just a few off the top of my head....
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users