Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Program is Deleting Itself...?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RECTEC

RECTEC

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:28 PM

Hello BC and I am back after a long while. My computer is always filled with problems. However, lately It's been fine. Well there's something going on in my temp folder and ThreatFire AntiVirus.
It keeps warning me about a program deleting itself. I don't really quite get it. Google hasn't really been my buddy on this one.

Well it comes up every, let's say, half hour. So I'll have more info on this particular file when it allerts me again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

Once you have the name of the file from Threat Fire's warning, you could submit the file to Virus Total.
Just click on the browse button in the link below and browse to the suspicious file and submit it. Sometimes it only takes a minute, other times much longer. They also allow you to submit using email.
http://www.virustotal.com/

If you can't find the file, consider doing an online scan using Kaspersky's Online Scanner.
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:27 AM

I never liked threatfire.

There's something about a program that makes me install in safe mode, then prevents me from getting online at all, that I don't think is kosher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users