Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grrrrr

Grrrrr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

OK, Firstly hello :huh:

This is going to be tricky I think lol. So I'll give as much info as I can, so you guys can do your best. The info might be a bit "scattered", but I've read a few threads and I think you can handle it.

Now to cut to the chase, I've got some serious BSOD going on (once yesterday and I played Team Fort 2 for like 4 hours after and it was fine. But then today I had BSOD 4 times, 3 times while playing TF2, once after I'd just closed it to reconnect internet and as soon as I clicked to reconnect that's when it died).

I'm somewhat an idiot in computer terms, so any advice offered would be very much appreciated if that is bore in mind :huh: (minimal technical speak/easy walk through)

Dunno where to start lol

OK, I'll start with what windows is telling me...

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown.

Problem sig.

Prob. event name: Blue Screen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1045

Additional info about problem:

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 940013DC
BCP3: 95B8DBAC
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

I can give if relevant (that's me saying that not windows vista :huh: ).

I'm using someone else's wireless internet connection (with that computer, this one is my broadband land line, that might be relevant I don't know)

Team Fort 2 has been working fine until yesterday, so I don't think that's the problem, unless it's in conjunction with something else...

Basically, my computer was fine until yesterday. Then I did several things (some of which I clearly shouldn't). Firstly I bought a cheap MP3 (Sony NWD-B103) and a new infrared mouse and hooked them up to the computer. This wasn't a problem I think but I'm trying to give as much info as I can.

With the MP3 I wanted to (and did) download songs off of youtube (saved as FLV files) then convert them into either MP3 or WMA files so I could put them on the MP3 player (I've got a feeling in retrospect you're going to tell me that was a stupid thing to do). Especially when added to this next fact...

I tried to download a free FLV to MP3/WMA converter... in fact, 4 different ones as there were various problems with the effectiveness of them.

These were the converters I downloaded...

www.flv-converter.com
www.ojosoft.com
www.brothersoft.com/internet-download-manager-4896.html
www.smallvideosoft.com

I have a suspicion (And I might be wrong this is an uneducated hunch) that it is this last one that was the problem. It was the first one I downloaded, but it seemed the least legit. For example when I went to their "help" page it wasn't working, it may be nothing but as I said as much info as I can give you. I went to their help page because when I first tried it it worked fine (tried with 3 songs successfully) then when I tried another 20 or so it wouldn't work (and I tried them individually as well so it wasn't the size of the content that was the problem). As far as I know, I have removed each of these programs from my computer (control panel-programs features-uninstall... is that all I need to do?).

Now I think about it, it could've been something I downloaded from youtube right? I dunno.

So a short recap.

Everything was fine then...

I downloaded these programs (but then deleted them as far as I know)
I downloaded these youtube videos (and deleted those as far as I know but I think they were on my computer in both FLV and MP3/WMA format, I think I got them all, like I said I'm not great with computers)
I use some random wireless internet access (though we've been doing it for a few months now and the problem only came yesterday)
I'm using 2 new USB devices (the mouse is the only common denominator (as in, plugged in at the time) in all of my BSOD experiences)
Team Fort 2 was running in 3/4 (3 if you don't count when I'd just closed it and tried to reconnect the internet) of the 5 times (it might have been 5/5 I cannot be sure about yesterday, I'd had a few beers and didn't really pay much attention to what I was doing at the time)
I did a virus scan with NOD32 2.7 it didn't come up with anything, though (and I might have missunderstood) it did seem to be showing unreadable files from one of the FLV converters, that might not be 100% accurate if needs be I'll scan it again and tell you exactly what it said, but from what I understand some of the stuff wasn't scanned as it said things like "error opening (file locked)", I've just started scanning again so I can tell you exactly what it says.

OK, for now I'll see what you make of that. Anything else you need to know tell me.

Appreciate any help you can give me, this is a relatively new computer and I'm a bit perturbed by the whole situation.

Cheers, Grrrrr.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

I'd suggest following the instructions in this link to post an analysis of the error: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Grrrrr

Grrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

I'd suggest following the instructions in this link to post an analysis of the error: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

OK will do, tks usasma.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users