Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Trojan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Moe1981

Moe1981

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Hi, my name is Moe i ran into trouble recently with a computer that my brother has been using for a while. HE said he went into a free gaming website and tried to download a game, when he clicked the exe file Bitdefender started to go crazy and i have no idea how to fix this problem despite the bitdefender scan.

The virus that keeps coming up is in the Autorun.inf as bitdefender is indicating. The name of the virus is Trojan.autorun.ACW according to Bitdefender and it is coming up in the C: drive, the E: drive, and sometimes the I: drive.

I would really appreciate the help and i'm trying not to panic ! :thumbsup:

Thank you

Edited by Moe1981, 01 December 2008 - 06:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

Ahh, this one is annoying!

I know this one, I rid this one of my self a few days ago.

First locate where ever this "autorun.inf" is located, BitDefender should say where its at.

Now make sure you have "Show Operating System files" this little one is disguised as one.

Now, delete the autorun.inf and the folder labeled "RECYCLE"

Make sure its cleared out of your recycling bin.

Run a scan, you should be clean.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 Moe1981

Moe1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:54 AM

hello again and thank you for replying quickly.

Bitdefender indicates that the virus is present in the following locations

1. C:\Autorun.inf

2. E:\ Autorun.inf

3. I:\ Autorun.inf

I have tried to delete the file from the C drive but bitdefender keeps on popping them up. Am i supposed to clear this problem manually because i dont if there any tools that remove it automatically. The pop up with bitdefender is as frequent as every 30 seconds or so like the virus keeps on trying to invade and bitdefender quarantines it but it comes again...

#4 haroldbkk

haroldbkk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:22 AM

You should check if a different virus/spyware is creating those files.

For the autorun.inf problem I recommend you to disable the Autorun feature in your computer which may help your effort to get rid of it.

this webpage has a file you can download to import into your registry if you don't know how to turn off AutoRun in Windows.

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279889

Download the Sality_RegKeys.zip files (located near bottom of page), then run the Disable_autorun.reg file.

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:45 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry798468

this post by QM7 may apply, it's quite complicated but then flash drive infections are too
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#6 Moe1981

Moe1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

I'll need one more piece of advise here i'm afraid :thumbsup:

As i said in my previous post i ran a deep system scan with Bitdefender yesterday and when i woke up in the morning i deleted the autorun.inf after which i was still seeing the autorun.inf popping up with BD but i shut my computer down and went to work.

When i came back from work today and turned my computer on i'm not getting any more BD alerts of autorun.inf but i haven't done any of the steps recommended for me today. should i keep things as they are without fixing something that isnt broken anymore?

Edited by Moe1981, 02 December 2008 - 01:20 PM.

#7 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

If I had a flash drive infection, and I did, I would run sub's disinfector and immunize my drives, all of them

Been there

Oz of prevention
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#8 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

Did you make sure that the "View operating system files" is on and did you delete the RECYCLE folder as well? That folder is whats causing it to come back.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users