Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

introduction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 atom12

atom12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:23 PM

hello. i am a new user from maine, usa, and am here because my computer has been acting funny lately, and now that i'm really digging around, i have no idea A: what i'm doing. B: what is wrong.

so, i will be asking for your patience, because registries, dll files, and disappearing drivers are starting to get really damned confusing to me. i've been using computers heavily since the 80's but somehow avoided knowing what's going on with the OS. time for a crash course.

thanks in advance.

adam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:08 PM

Hello, welcome... start by asking perhaps in the forum that matches your operating system . Someone will help you along from there.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

Please, when you post in the area suggest by Boopme, you carefully explain what is happening to your computer and what you are dong when these strange events occur. Also, what you have done, if anything, to correct the problems.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 01 December 2008 - 09:16 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:28 AM

Hello! Welcome to Bleeping Computer!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users