Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with certain secure sites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 starnz

starnz

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

I have been having this problem for a while now and only recently did suspect it may have something to do with my set-up.

I have 3 computers at home, 1 desktop and 2 laptops. the desktop is hardwired to my N1 Belkin router and the 2 laptops access via wireless. for the most part everything works great, but there are occasions where i am unable to access certain websites from my laptops. Usually if I go to the desktop, then I can access the website. There are also some websites that I can't access from any of the computers sometimes, and at other times I get on with no problem. Kinda weird but thats how I notice it.

I think I have narrowed the problem down to the router. I have a laptop that I use at work and while at work I can get on the site with no problem. Then when I bring that same laptop home and try to access from my router, the connection times out.

Does this have anything to do with my router? Maybe some firewall settings? If anyone has any idea, this has been frustrating me for a while now......

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:31 AM

Are there any particular sites that you can't access? Or is it just random?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users