Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Handler Not Defined

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bleepingJim

bleepingJim

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

Hi

I am trying to install a Motorola modem and the disc will not run and nothing happens when I click "launch". I get a message that reads "Handler not defined snxRegister script error. continue?". I cannot get on to the internet to download drivers be that the case. Please assist

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

What version of Java do you have installed?

What modem model? Dialup, DSL, or cable?

Louis

#3 bleepingJim

bleepingJim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

I actually didn't install anything. I reformatted my computer because I had bugs I couldn't get rid of. Now I can't reinstall the modem I was using just prior to reformatting. I think I lost drives during the process or something. But I can't even use the restore disc again...nothing will "autorun" even when I boot from the cd drive. Is there a way I can download Java or whatever drive I might be missing from my laptop and then transfer to my PC? I can't download anything to my PC w/out internet. My modem is a Motorola broadband. I can't recall the modem off hand (I'm not home right now). I think it is a SV5220 or something.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

I understand about the NIC/modem not working (no drivers).

If you have serious system malfunctions of varying types...it seems to me that your system just might be infected and showing the effects of such.

If you have a laptop and a desktop at home...you can download drivers (if such are needed) anytime on the laptop.

Before I wasted time trying to install drivers...I think I'd make sure that my system was not infected, in light of what seems to be abnormal system functioning.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users