Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello all + contest entry

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alwaysal98

alwaysal98

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

Hello everyone,

To tell the truth, I followed a trail of breadcrumbs to enter the hard drive contest but I also could certainly use a place to go to solve some of my recurring PC problems.

I almost never signed up because all I could see in the link was the word MAC and I was saying to myself I don't need a MAC hard drive. Finally my brain kicked in and I saw the light.

Currently I use Drive Image to backup my C drive to another partition every month (in theory) but when my XP Pro crashed in Sept., I had to use an image made in early May. Even so, this is OK as long as only the operating system breaks, & not the hard drive itself.

Losing my C drive would be a pain but losing my data would be disastrous. I have about 50 GB of e-Books and software.
I keep trying to organize my 35000 e-Books into 1 or 2 formats and am continuing getting new books. It takes about 12 to 15 DVD-Rs to backup all this data and I have to force myself to do these backups but in the last crash, I lost a bunch of stuff that I can't get back. If I won one of those hard drives, I could backup my C drives onto it plus automatically synchronize my data daily with the backup on the external hard drive.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to try to win.

Al Smith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

Welcome to BC
I'm sure we can also help you with any problems you may have when the need arises
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:28 AM

Hello! Welcome to Bleeping Computer!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users