Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

netstat shuts off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:29 AM

I've been looking at the tutorial about netstat and have tried some of the instructions, but find that although the black dos screen opens up, it quickly closes again, so there's no way for me to view the information. I tried this from both an admin and non-admin account and it didn't seem to make any difference. Is there any way I can get this information to stay so I can look at it?

Thanks.
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Silver Cloud

Silver Cloud

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:29 PM

although the black dos screen opens up, it quickly closes again,

I'm not sure but it sounds like you might be typing the commands into the wrong place. You need to open the command prompt first and then type commands at the C:\> prompt. Try this:

Press and hold the Windows key then press the R and then release both keys.
Type cmd into the text box.
Press OK.

This will open up the ms-dos window, command prompt window, dos window, black screen - call it what you will. Now you can type netstat commands and the screen will stay open.

#3 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

If you type the netstat commands in the run box you'll get the flashing by but can't read experience. Just needs the cmd in the run box. I use the mouse more than key combinations , click start, click run, type cmd which gets you to MS-DOS, then type your netstat commands at the prompt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users