Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lagging help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charger09

Charger09

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:10 AM

In the past week i have been having bad lag or at least thats what i think its called anyway. Im online using firefox or IE and for some reason pages will freeze for a while then work. or the page will load ill click something then it will freeze for a while then screen fades to a white and a stopped working box pops up from windows asking to close program or restart program and search for fixes.
I have done virus scans, spyware scans, windows defender scan and all is ok. My router icon always says connected with excellent signal.
I though maybe a program was running while online so i checked task manager and i have nothing going, but im not sure what the things under processes are, but my light that flashes when programs are loading is not flashing when it freezes so im guessing thats not it. Maybe there is a new windows update doing this, i dont know, no clue at all.

Anybody with any ideas or help??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

hi,,, have you cleared out the browsers,,, ie cookies and browsing history etc,,, also what have you scanned with,,, win def could'nt find its arse with both hands,,, its total crap,,, try malwarebytes or superantispyware,,, both free versions can be used as updatable scanners,,,, last,how do you know you have a good signal from your router,,, the speed shown on the 2 screens on the notifaction area is the speed of hardware to hardware,,,, your pc to the router,,, google for a speed tester,,, run this at differant times,,, as the evening is conciderd peek time nad most isp's throttle back heavy usage at these times,,,, i know this is an English site but you can still learn quite a bit off here,,,
http://www.kitz.co.uk/index.htm
have a look around on here,, lots of info about speeds and routers,,, etc..
sorry about my rubbish spelling,,, and good luck. :huh:
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users