Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VPN Local Network

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:48 AM

I want to know if it's possible to have the following setup and be able to VPN From WGR614v7 to and FVS114 Via the Soft Client from netgear.

Here goes,

Netgear WGR614v7 Set up as the Gateway/Primary Router,and Netgear FVS114 as a secondary Gateway behind the WGR614v7
and use it almost like a VLAN, noting that this is NOT a real VLAN. (maybe more accurately stated; Two networks using RIPv2)

I set it up originally so that the WGR614v7 went from physical port 4, to the Internet port on the FVS114

And I could get out from the FVS114 to the Net, but I couldn't get from the Local net on the WGR614v7 back
to the PC's behind the FVS114.

IP addresses were 192.168.1.1 for the WGR614v7 and DHCP client from the WGR614v7 with DHCP turned off
on the FVS114.

What am I doing wrong?

PS, I currently have a similar setup except that now the WGR614v7 is going to a Link Act port on the FVS114
and I'm using the LMHosts file as an alternative to a DNS Server.

I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the original set up ( The one I'm asking about) That I wanted to have.

Does anyone have a solution here?

Edited by RandomUser, 01 December 2008 - 02:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users